With the donations of the emperor Henry III (1039-1056) to the church of Utrecht, Overijssel came largely under the rule of the bishops of Utrecht. Minting started in Deventer but later continued in other towns as well. From 1528 minting for Overijssel alternatingly took place in Kampen, Hasselt, Utrecht, Deventer, and Zwolle. This continued after the administration passed on to the States of Overijssel in 1578 and lasted until the definitive closing in 1806.
Showing all 6 results